Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lettuce Wrap-Phase 2

So if you are looking for a quick, easy, delicious, and satisfying lunch, look no further. These wraps are a delicious way to fill you up.
I eat these like every other day!
3oz Chicken: 141 cal, 1tsp Dijon: 5 cal, 3.5oz Lettuce: 17 cal

What you need:
1 Head of Boston Lettuce or Butter Lettuce
3 Oz Prepared Chicken (Also works well with the Buffalo Chicken Recipe)
Publix Greenwise Tangy Dijon Mustard

I go for the Boston or Butter Lettuce, they are the same thing just named differently depending on the region you are in, because it is sweet and delicious. It's my favorite lettuce! Also, it makes great wraps!

You usually get about 3 or 4 wraps with this.
For the chicken what I like to do is shred it up with my fork. You just kind of scrap it with your fork. It makes a lot more meat then just cutting it up into pieces. It's takes a little more work but it makes you think you get more, even though 3 ounces is 3 ounces whether or not it is shredded or cut but for some reason it just looks like more.

Evenly distribute between your pieces of lettuce.
Add a teaspoon of the dijon to each wrap. Note that 1tsp is 5 calories, so don't forget to count it.

Now if you are like me and love sandwiches, you know the best part of a sandwich is the pickle. What I do is I get baby organic dill pickles that are nothing but cucumbers, salt, vinegar, garlic, water; and I get 1 small pickle and slices it up to top off my wraps. That decision is up to you.

I hope you enjoy your quick and easy lunch!

I'm thinking it's probably time for a dessert recipe, are you with me on that?
Next is my YUMMY Apple Crisp!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment