Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kanikama Sauce- Phase 2

Good evening,

So I'm not a huge fan of Chinese food but my family is but I decided to come up with some Chinese/Japanese inspired dishes. To do this you need to have some good sauces. Now you might be saying to yourself, "How? Most sauces, like Soy, are not on the list!" Well, there are some great alternatives for Soy Sauce, in particular Liquid Aminos, taste just like Soy Sauce. Now I know what you're thinking, "that has to be expensive". It's not. For about $5-6 a half a liter size bottle. Now you're thinking that it's probably hard to kind. No again. I found it at two different places, my local Herb Shop and Publix (near the marinades). You can also find it on Amazon.com.

This sauce was inspired by my favorite Japanese salad, Cucumber Kanikama Salad. I looked up the ingredients and thought about how I could make it more HCG friendly.

Recipe:
1/4 cup Liquid Aminos
1/8 cup red wine vinegar (also good with garlic red wine vinegar)
1/8 cup chicken stock (be sure to make sure it's sugar-free & falls within the guidelines)
3 tsps of stevia or truvia

Some people prefer to stove top cook it but because I use it while cooking I don't. Make sure you refrigerate. Good for up to two weeks.

Stay tuned to my Shrimp Kanikama! This happens to be my family's favorite dish!

Photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment