Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pistou Sauce-Phase 2

I love sauces and honestly it's hard to have sauces on phase 2 because most of them have oil. I also love pesto and in doing some research I found a french version of pesto called Pistou (sounds like Pea-stew, kind of looks like it too). If you know how to make pesto you know it has pine nuts and cheese but Pistou is pretty much the same but with out the nuts and cheese.


That being said here is the recipe:

1 cup roughly chopped fresh Basil
2 Cloves chopped Garlic
1/4 cup Chicken Stock
1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper
1/8 tsp Pepper
Salt to taste
a Pinch or two of Guar Gum

In a food processor at everything except the chicken stock and puree. Once everything is finely chopped add the chicken stock a little at a time and pulse. Once you reach the desire consistency your down.

I love this sauce, I put it on chicken, cod, beef, and in my marinara or tomato soup.

1 comment:

  1. What is guarr um and where can I find it

    ReplyDelete